Microsoft Power Platform
Learn how to build professional-grade apps the easy way.
Cost: FREE for our partners
Date: 2-3 June 2020
Let’s Build Something Together.
Day-to-day business tasks that would normally take your team hours or days to complete, can easily become standardised and automated with Microsoft Power Platform. Build low to zero code, intelligent, scalable, and automated, cross-device apps in a fraction of the time.
Speed up Turn Around Times for Tasks
Save Costs and Increase Revenue
Increase Staff Productivity and Efficiency
Invest Time and Resources towards More Strategic Activities
Understand the Core Components of Power Platform
Understand Common Data Services
• identify entities, fields, and relationships
• describe environments
• describe use cases and limitations of Business process flows
• describe use cases and limitations of business rules
• describe the Common Data Model (CDM)
• identify common standard entities
• describe uses for and types of triggers
• describe actions
• describe connectors
• identify use cases for custom connectors
Understand AI Builder
• identify the business value of AI Builder
• describe models
• consumption by the Power Platform
Understand the business value of Power Platform
The value of Power Platform applications
• analyze data with Power BI
• act with Power Apps
• build solutions that use Common Data Service (CDS)
• automate with Microsoft Flow
• connect to and use data from external systems
The value of connecting business solutions
• access and use data from Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure and third-party services and apps
Understand Power Platform administration and security
• understand how Power Platform implements security
• understand Power Platform as a service
• describe how to manage apps and users
• describe admin centers
• understand how the platform supports compliance
Case studies for the use of power apps
See real examples of PowerApps.
Introduction to setting up Canvas Apps
- The Visual Designer – Core Components of the Designer.
- Creating a simple Canvas App, Connecting to CDS, Working with Data.
- Connecting the Gallery to Data and Working with Functions.
- Apply Themes
- Forms and Cards.
- Lookup Fields.
Introduction to setting up Model Driven apps
- How to setup a Model Driven App.
- Exploring the Solution that the Model Driven App will be based on.
- Building the Model Driven App
- Editing the Site Map and Views
- Add and edit Forms to the Model Driven App
- Setting up and editing Views
- Adding Charts and Dashboards
Create simple app experiences!
Meet our Microsoft Certified Trainers
Whether receiving training online, virtually or in-person, you’ll benefit from the real-world experience of our trainers.
Mark has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer for many years and has been training Dynamics since CRM version 4.0.
He specialises in Dynamics 365 end-user training and has trained across the UK, Africa, and the Middle East. Mark is proficient in Microsoft Dynamics 365: Sales, Service, Deployment, and Customization & Configuration.
Johan van Dyk
Johan has been a Microsoft Certified Professional for 15 years and a Microsoft Certified Trainer for 5 years. He has a BCom (Industrial Psychology) and BCom Honours (Human Resource Development).
He is also an Agile Master, Scrum Developer and Scrum Master, certified through SCRUMStudy. He trains on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Dynamics 365, as well as project management skills and has been training Microsoft Dynamics CRM for six years.
The training was good since it covered more aspects that will assist me going forward and the trainer understood the subject and he explained very well.
The training was great and the trainer provided great insights into our questions and ensured we understood the fundamentals, this will add value back in the office.
The training was informative and easy to understand and follow through with the instructor.
Improve productivity by automating business processes.