Creating Highly Engaged (and) Satisfied Clients
Recent research by Gallup proves just how much customer engagement matters. Clue: a lot. Engaged customers provide a 23% premium over the average customer when it comes to share of wallet, profitability, revenue, and relationship growth.
- Engaged consumer electronics shoppers spend 29% more per shopping trip than disengaged customers.
- Engaged hotel guests spend 46% more per year than disengaged guests.
The Business Case for Better Engagement
For its yearly survey, ThinkJar recently asked customer service managers to list their top three initiatives for the next five years. Customer engagement came in second place for the next two years. It got the number one spot for the following three.
Customers’ expectations have changed:
- Customers’ need for quick, accurate answers has increased. According to Forrester Research, in the past, expectations came from personal experience or from friends and family. No longer. Now, online communities mean everyone contributes. Leading organisations providing exceptional customer service increase customers’ expectations still further.
- Millennials and Generation Zs are beginning to enter the marketplace. These digital natives expect something different: journeys, not interactions.
- Why, when it comes to customer engagement, it’s the long term and not the short term that matters. Lack of follow-through can be the make-or-break factor.
- What percentage of customer support contacts come from ‘repeat customers’ – those who didn’t get an answer first time round.
- What proportion of customers expect a self-service solution on a company’s website.
- How many customers would rather use a self-service tool than interact with an agent.
- What proportion of customer queries a good self-service system can generally handle.
- Why self-service platforms lower organisation costs and improve customer satisfaction.
Get the full ThinkJar report here.
Don’t miss more articles by The CRM Team
How to be a customer-centric company In the simplest terms, customer centricity is about listening to and learning from your customers. It’s about leveraging the information and knowledge you have about your customers to guide your business in a way that is resonant...
Microsoft Dynamics 365- Ignites with new enhancementsMicrosoft Ignite 2021 took place from the 2nd to 4th March and was attended virtually by over 45,000 people around the world. Along with dozens of announcements there were a number of exciting enhancements made to...
Drive personalized interactions with real-time customer journey orchestration Faced with a historic level of social and business disruption, companies have been forced to respond quickly and strategically to meet the challenge. To help address this challenge, and...
Discover More Stories