Dynamics 365 Solution Architect
Delivery Team – Johannesburg, Gauteng
The Solution Architect is responsible for the technical integrity of Dynamics 365 implementation while providing technical guidance to clients and the scrum masters within the Delivery team. The Solution Architect supports both the Scrum Masters and technical leads in implementing Dynamics 365 best practices, solution architecture and the implementation of Dynamics 365 Architectural governance.
The Solution Architect is a day-to-day technical resource on assigned projects and acts as a single technical point of contact for the customer and delivery team. The Solution Architect also facilitates upskilling of the team and the technical leads to further their knowledge of the technology skill set. They equip both the customer and the team with the knowledge to implement Dynamics 365 in the most effective and architecturally sound way. The Solution Architect is also responsible for contributing to the Product Development side of the business.
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on client’s architectural and business needs
- Work with technology and business groups to define project specifications
- Develop technical solution designs and implementation plans and take full ownership of the Dynamics 365 solution
- Interact with both prospective and current customers during product demos/evaluations
- Enhance efficiency of development, testing and release process; develop tools and frameworks to ensure robust and high-quality delivery of Dynamics 365 Implementations
- Document technical risks and issues, and actively work to avoid, mitigate, resolve risks and technical debt
- Work with Scrum Masters and technical leads to help determine timelines, project tasks and requirements gathering process
- Participate in the full development lifecycle process
- Coordination and support of development tasks among development teams.
- Relay of the solution design to the development team and provide technical guidance during development of the solution to the development team.
- Travel to multiple customer locations for workshops and meetings when required
- Upskilling of the existing technical leads in new technologies and enhancements of Dynamics 365
- Mentorship of existing technical resources in architecture and governance of Dynamics 365
- 5+ years of experience implementing and managing CRM solutions at an enterprise level (Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365)
- B.A./ B.SC/ B.COM in Computer Science/Information Systems or relevant discipline
- 3-4 years of consulting or relevant work experience
- Ability to present persuasively and effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to effectively facilitate meetings with project team members and sponsors
- Evaluate, design, and implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 business solutions, often working on-site to help customers deploy their solutions
- Experience translating technical information in to easy-to-understand business concepts.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and can be collaborative
- Be autonomous and think creatively
Delivery and Projects