Support Desk Manager
Delivery Team – Johannesburg, Gauteng
The candidate is required to manage our support desk by ensuring that all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line support requests are managed in a timeous manner. The Support Manager will be collaborating with a team of developers to analyse and resolve cases as required. The role also has some administration and organisation required. The Support Manager will need to manage monthly reporting for invoicing and contract management.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support, logging, resolving, and owning support cases for customers and internal users.
- Ensure SLAs are met for external and internal customers.
- Troubleshooting of support requests for Microsoft Dynamics 356. Microsoft Power Platform and integrated products.
- Testing new development work with the Delivery Team when required.
- Ensuring adequate documentation is developed and maintained on all key systems and processes.
- Provide user training where required to ensure correct and effective system usage.
- Complete regular tasks to a schedule for specific customers.
- Log, Chase, and progress support issues with Microsoft.
- Perform user maintenance tasks for customers where required.
- Become knowledgeable in the company’s product suite.
- Occasional out-of-hours support.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels of the organizational stakeholders.
- Track Support hours consumed for Support Billing Reports at the end of each month.
- Support Desk Administration.
- All other tasks reasonably necessary to fulfill the above function of Dynamics 365 Support Analyst, and compliance with all other reasonable instructions given by the employer.
- IT Diploma or Degree required
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Power Platform certification not older than 2 years
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Support Desk Consultant
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and Lean methodologies
- Excellent people skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Collaborative approach to driving decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively to various levels of the organizational stakeholders
Identify and assess problems and work with the team to solve them with a sense of urgency
- Experience using DevOps
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed, and dynamic environment
- Maintain an outstanding attitude and excellent professional written and verbal communication and people skills
- People Skills
- Ability to Manage own Workload and Timelines
- Motivated and Self-Driven
- Sense of Urgency
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to empathise and be patient with customers
Delivery and Projects
2 – 3 Years experience in a similar role
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform
Preferred: Certifications for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform