Microsoft Data Scientist
Delivery Team – Johannesburg, Gauteng
The Data Scientist will be responsible for utilising raw data in order to find patterns that will help solve the problems faced by businesses in innovative and imaginative ways. The scope of the role:
- Work closely with the business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions.
- Maintain clear and coherent communication with business to better understand data needs and report results.
- Collaboration with different functional teams in order to share ideas and find solutions.
- Extract and analyse large amounts of data from a range of sources.
- Thoroughly clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information.
- Identify hidden weaknesses, trends and/or opportunities in the data.
- Use analytical programs, machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems.
- Test data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Present information using data visualization techniques and reports.
- Translate technical terms and findings into layman’s terms by communicating in a clear and engaging manner.
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods.
- Conduct research in order to develop prototypes.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- Postgraduate qualification (advantageous).
- A minimum of 5 years plus of experience as a Data Scientist in a Microsoft environment.
- Knowledge and experience in programming languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Experience using data frameworks such as Power BI and Customer Insights.
- Understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of deep learning.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Good team working skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and can be collaborative.
- Be autonomous and think creatively.
Delivery and Projects