Delivery Team – Johannesburg, Gauteng
The Customer Insights practice at The CRM Team helps organisations better understand how to create, refine and optimise business processes to better serve their customers. The efficient storage, management, flow and analysis of internal and customer data is critical to achieving this. The Customer Insights practice at The CRM Team utilises core Microsoft technologies to build out organisational data value chains that help move organisations forward.
Currently, the Customer Insights practice has an opening for a data engineer who will assist in the management of data workflows, pipelines and ETL processes primarily utilising Microsoft Azure and related technology. The data engineer will work alongside a team of developers, delivery managers, and data analysts to obtain actionable insights from organisational data.
- Design and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures in Azure
- Ensure that system designs adhere to solution architecture design
- Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of solutions
- Design relational and non-relational data stores in Azure
- Identify, design, and implement architectures for process improvement, both internal and external relating to dataflow, pipelines and ETL processes
- Support scoping and user requirement sessions for projects/enhancements, propose solutions for gaps, and provide effort estimations
- Ensure that all project/enhancements work is delivered to agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Ensure that deployed solutions are reviewed, formally documented and signed off by business owner
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Assist in the creation of analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for organisations
- Assist data analysts and data scientists in the creation of analytical data tools
- Undergraduate degree in IT or related
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and related technology, such as Power BI, Azure Synapse, etc.
- Microsoft certification beneficial
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience as data engineer or software engineer
- Strong experience in SQL programming and query development
- Exposure to development in Azure
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Practical knowledge of designing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- Proven technical skills in SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, ETL/DI design and implementation
- TSQL knowledge, DML/DDL, triggers, CTE’s, query tuning, etc.
Competitive: Based on Experience